Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Blogging: Amanda, Corie, Tricia

Amanda Vargo:
It was the first day of work, June 29th of 2009, on a hot, humid day. Everyone worked their butts off. Well, I wish I could say the same for Kevin, but I cannot! Haha! But after a while he finally started to get dirty. Over all, it was a great day and everyone made it through.
It is not as easy as people may think it is. There is a lot of work and effort put into a house. Everyone pulled through and I cannot wait until it is done!
I am missing everyone at home, always thinking about you and I cannot wait until I come home and share my experience!
Corie Hordijk:
Wow! What a day. I do not think I have physically worked that hard in a long time. Today was our first building day here in El Salvador and boy was it intense! All decked out in my manly work clothes, we arrived at the build site, a pleasantly surprising place. Tucked away in some trees and surrounded by other little brick houses and families. We immediately got to work, putting up re-bar, mixing cement (hardest job ever), moving bricks, and playing with awesome children every so often. I got to teach them tag (mika, in spanish)! All of us were drenched in sweat, but it was okay because we are dong something amazing. I also really appreciated the sense of family. We often neglect our relatives in Canada, but here there is such love! At the end of the day we were destroyed, clothes included (sorry about your shoes, mom!). The van ride home was the greatest feeling in the world. Wind blowing and care-free!
Here is to another 8 days!
I love and appreciate you all so much! Hope life is grand!
Corie


Tricia Angle:
Hey everyone! The first work day was amazing. It was difficult and hot, but it makes the work all that more rewarding. We got a lot more work done than I was expectin gand pulled together well with many surprising acts of teamwork. One of the kids on the work site was communicating with us, and I realized through language barriers that barriers are learning experiences, and from them we gain life experience, pride, and the strength to make it through anything. I cannot wait to go back and finish what we have started.
I love you and miss you! I hope everything is well and the babies have not grown too much!
Trish

1 comment:

  1. It sounds fantastic! A world away from here...Happy Canada Day everyone!
    Corie, being all decked-out in "manly work clothes" isn't all that bad is it? I bet it even feels GOOD to be able to dig right in and get dirty, being comfortable and not having to worry about your appearance! There is so much more than one's appearance...and don't worry about "my (work)shoes"; what you're doing with them has helped to far exceed their original value!

    I LOVE YOU BUNNY! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AND CONTINUE TO HAVE FUN BEYOND YOUR WILDEST EXPECTATIONS!!!!

    Yours Always...XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete