Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 1

From Jordan Milñe-
"Hola. it´s hot! The room has A/c so thats cool! bye"

From Eric Bouw-
Hey Mom, hey Dad,
just to let you know, I made it here safe and have had a phenomenal first two days. Saturday we met the family who we were going to build the house for - they seemed really cool and have a ton of kids. Yesterday we had the opportunity to go and visit an orphanage. we got to tour the orphanage and then got to play and interact with the kids. You should have seen their faces when when we gave them the toys we brought. Its amazing how happy these kids are with so little, and it really brings into perspective how unimportant material things are. Anyways, blog you tomorrow.
Adios Eric

From Matt Sinan-
hola!- when we landed in san salvador and we were walking through the gate we could really feel the heat. Everything here is completely different, as we walked out of the airport, the first thing that caught my eye was how everyone was standing in beds of pick-up trucks and hanging off vans. I already feel the change in myself and I think that everything will change in my head when I get back to Canada and see all the things we have. the orphanage was definitely a blast. All the kids were so happy to see us. They never second looked us. they didnt care for material, they opened right up. One of the kids even took my hand before we could even say a word to them. The orphanage really supprised me, i didnt expect such a great place for these children. I can already tell the rest of the trip will be fantastic, even just driving down the roads here is amazing, and you can just see the problems here. thank-you to my school who supported me and the rotary club "Rotary International", and thanks to my parents for telling me to go, and of course the DSBN staff for putting this whole experience together.

From Alex Emmerson-

Hey Everyone,
So far this has been an all around amazing trip, we spent the first night we were here meeting the family and interacting with each other, yesterday we had the oppoturnity to visit an orphanage where if was just amazing to see the acceptance that we were given by these children who have come from these broken homes. Its amazing to realize how much we take for granted back home. I am extremely glad I got to pleasure to come on this amazing once in a lifetime trip. I will keep everyone up to date daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment